Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Beijing

The Olympics are over. Last night, all of us went to a former Purdue student's house in the suburbs of Beijing for a cookout and to watch the Closing Ceremony. I am definitely sad that this experience is over. I have thoroughly enjoyed Beijing for seven weeks and if I had the chance to stay longer I would. My job of gathering quotes for the media was a lot of fun and I learned a different perspective when it comes to large events operating.

I have no more volunteer duties. Today is my last full-day in Beijing. I don't have any big plans for today but I am sure I will spend plenty of time trying to pack everything I bought into my suitcases that were already busting at the seams when I got here.

I hope all of you enjoyed my blog and I think I will add a couple more updates once I get back to the States with some other material that was a bit controversial to add while here in Beijing. My plane leaves Beijing at 3:45 p.m. and I will be heading to Newark, New Jersey, before heading home to Indianapolis.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Had a good time reading the posts! Hope you get a good movie on the return trip.